1. Make sure you have AMD videocards. Our miner doesn’t work with other brands of GPUs or CPUs (does not work with NVidia and does not work with Intel).
3. Pick a stratum server closest to you. Fast connection to a stratum server will give you less rejected shares and thus more profit.
There are 3 servers currently: San Francisco (sf), New York (ny) and Amsterdam (am). We recommend you to ping the servers and figure out which one gives you best speed (time=XXX value is the smallest).
Note: you don’t need to specify backup servers, they are set up automatically.
4. You can specify sgminer parameters from a command line or edit sgminer.conf. There are 3 important parameters to set:
your DASH or Bitcoin wallet address (-u parameter)
your email (-p parameter)
server (-o parameter)
sgminer.exe -o sf -u XpAy7r5RVdGLnnjWNKuB9EUDiJ5Tje9GZ8_test -p firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure you specified your wallet address correctly!
Important: server names must be provided in short format, which is usually a 2 character city abbreviation (one of: sf, ny, and am). For example, it is just “-o sf” for San Francisco stratum. Usually, you had to provide a full server URL starting from stratum+tcp:// and having port specified. This is not the case with our miner. Two-character server code is all you need.
Optional: you can add a suffix to your wallet address if you have more than one rig. Use this format: YOURWALLET_RIGNAME (for example: XpAy7r5RVdGLnnjWNKuB9EUDiJ5Tje9GZ8_myRig1). This way you’ll be able to see statistics on each particular rig.
5. Run sgminer. It should start and show you lots of “Accepted” lines.
6. If the application can’t run and you have AMD videocard, please send us an email and we will be happy to help. Make sure you provide a screenshot of the error message, videocard name and your command line. Otherwise we would not be able to tell you what went wrong.
7. If all is ok and you’re getting “accepted” lines, you can check your statistics on the pool that you’re connecting to (see links above).
8. If you have an error starting sgminer, please read it.
One of the common errors is “File Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 not found. Contact email@example.com”. Instead of Intel HD Graphics 4600 you may have some other Intel graphics chip name. This happens because your computer has two videocards: Intel and AMD. This miner works with AMD videocard, but the Intel card is default.
You can fix this error by adding this command line parameter to sgminer.exe: “–gpu-platform 1″. For example:
sgminer.exe -o sf -u Xaddress -p firstname.lastname@example.org --gpu-platform 1
If you have a similar error regarding NVidia videocard, please see point number 1 at the very top of this page.